As public bodies, academies, free schools and further education institutions must comply with the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
This means you have to:
- Publish details of how your school complies with the public sector equality duty – you should update this every year
- Publish your school’s equality objectives – you should update this at least once every 4 years
You need to include details of:
- Eliminating discrimination (see the Equalities Act 2010)
- Improving equality of opportunity for people with protected characteristics
- Consulting and involving those affected by inequality in the decisions your school or college takes to promote equality and eliminate discrimination (affected people could include parents, pupils, staff and members of the local community)
For details, please visit the Equality Objectives on our Policies page.