Please find our core policies below. Copies of School policies not linked to below are available on request.
to find out more about the school’s admission arrangements please visit the: Kirklees Website
Our Equalities Objectives are:
To develop an even greater understanding of different faiths
To foster positive attitudes towards different abilities
Public Sector Equality Duty
The Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) came into force in 2011. From 2012 the duty requires schools and academies to publish information showing how they comply with the equality duty, and to set equality objectives.
The equality duty was developed in order to harmonise the equality duties and to extend it across the protected characteristics. It consists of a general equality duty, supported by specific duties which are imposed by secondary legislation. In summary, Batley Girls’ High School must, in the exercise of its functions, have due regard to the need to:
– Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
– Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
– Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
The Act explains that having due regard for advancing equality involves:
– Removing or minimising disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
– Taking steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups where these are different from the needs of other people.
– Encouraging people from protected groups to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.
Batley Girls’ High School is complying with the duty as outlined in the 2 policies below: