Batley Girls’ High School Uniform Updated for 2020-21
Blazers, jumpers and cardigans can only be purchased from our official uniform suppliers; Smart Uniforms in Batley (formerly known as The Uniform Centre), and Natasha’s in Dewsbury. All other items can be bought from other suppliers, as long as the items match our dress code.
If a student fails to wear correct uniform they will be reported to their Pastoral Manager, who will lend uniform items to wear that day. Persistent failure to wear the correct uniform may result in further sanctions and may result in parents being asked to bring in appropriate items, or in students being sent home to change.
In summer months students are still required to have their blazer, or cardigan, or jumper with them, but they are permitted to remove this when they are warm. Students should have an appropriate cotton blouse and their ID badge, at all times.
*Compulsory for some year groups.
We would also like to promote Uniform Exchange, a charitable organisation that collects good quality uniform and distributes it free of charge to families who need it. Please see their website for further details:
- White polo shirt with school logo or plain white polo shirt
- Black PE skirt or black shorts or plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Plain black sweatshirt or hooded top
- White football socks and shinpads
- Trainers or training shoes – (no canvas shoes)
- Students must not wear the same cloths that they wear in school during PE lessons
- All jewellery must be removed during PE lessons for Health and Safety reasons.